Welcome to Northcote Primary School!
It is my pleasure to welcome you to our school’s website.
Northcote School has existed on the present site since 1886, the new school building opened its doors to pupils in September 2000. In recent years we have added a series of extensions to our facilities due to the growing demand for places and to enrich our curriculum provision.
Northcote School provides a friendly, caring learning environment in which every child is encouraged to develop their fullest potential both as people and as learners.
Our excellent results speak for themselves and these have been achieved over time by the highly dedicated and supportive staff team.
I trust that this website provides you with the information you require. If you are considering applying to school for a place for your child I would strongly recommend that you phone school and arrange a visit. We would love to share our school with you on a face to face basis.
Northcote School is a school community at the heart of the local community and we both benefit from and contribute in many ways to the local area and its people.
As a National Support School we have the privilege of being asked to support other schools across the city and further afield.
Northcote School is a multi-award winning school and we are driven by a passion to be our very best for every child who is part of our school family.
Our school motto is:- Caring , Learning, Growing and this sums up what we are about as a school. We hope that you will join us on this exciting journey.
Mr Roy Morgan
Headteacher and NLE.
To enable pupils to maximise their potential; both intellectually and socially, by creating a stimulating, secure and caring environment in which a broad and balanced education is provided.
- To help pupils to develop lively, enquiring minds, the ability to question and argue rationally and to apply themselves to tasks and physical skills.
- To help pupils to acquire knowledge and skills relevant to adult life and employment in a fast changing world.
- To help pupils to use language and numbers effectively.
- To instil respect for religious and moral values, and tolerance of other races, religions and ways of life.
- To help pupils to understand the world in which they live, and the inter-dependence of individuals, groups and nations.
- To help pupils to appreciate human achievements and aspirations.
- To allow each child the opportunity to achieve his/her potential in happy, caring surroundings.
- To create a school community in which children, parents, teachers and governors work together for the common good.
New starters to Nursery and Reception 2020
Nursery class teacher 2020- Mrs Akyurek
Reception class one teacher 2020- Miss Hartley
Reception class two teacher 2020- Mrs McDermott (EYFS leader)
Reception class teacher 2020 working in both class one and two- Mrs Dwyer
Deputy head teacher and SENCO – Miss Gore