Welcome to Year 3
Welcome to the Year 3 webpage!
Our teacher in Class 7 is Mr Burbridge and our Learning Support Assistants are Miss McIntosh and Miss Agar.
Our class teacher in Class 8 is Miss Murphey and our Learning Support Assistant is Miss Osman.
- The school gates open at 8.45 and the register is taken at 8:55. Anyone arriving after this time will be marked as late. School finishes at 3.30pm. In order to keep everyone safe, please stand back from the doors at drop off and pick up times. This will ensure all children have space to enter and exit the building safely.
- All children will require a water bottle. Please ensure this contains water only. Children will be able to refill their bottles in class.
- P.E for Year 3 is on a Monday and a Wednesday. Please ensure your child’s full P.E. kit is in school for those days. PE kits will be sent home at the end of each half term.
What do we learn in Year 3?
Click the link below to see what we will be learning about in each subject, each half-term, during our time in Year 3!
Supporting Learning at Home
It is very important that your child keeps up their reading at home. Children will still be expected to read at least four times a week.
Books and reading diaries are sent home every Monday and should be returned to school on Friday of the same week. Children will still be expected to read at least four times a week and this will be monitored by class teachers. Every time you read with your child, please sign and comment in their reading diary so that we can monitor and celebrate your efforts.
Children still requiring support in phonics will take part in daily phonics lessons following Little Wandle, please click the links below for more information
Children are currently accessing Reading Plus in school and they will be able to log in at home. Children can access stories online, which helps develop their fluency, understanding and vocabulary. Children’s progress can be monitored by myself, therefore, it’s a great way for me to see how your child is progressing.
Your child can log in to Reading Plus here: https://student.readingplus.com/seereader/api/sec/login
Please make sure that you keep up your maths by using one of our online resources:
Your child can practise their times tables on TT Rockstars. All children have been provided with their TT Rockstars login.
Your child can log in to TT Rockstars here: https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student
http://www.timestables.co.uk and ‘Hit the button’ are also excellent resources to support the learning of times tables.
Active Learn – Abacus
Your child can also access interactive maths games, which have been allocated by myself, on Active Learn. The games are relevant to what we’ve been learning in school. There’s three levels to each game: bronze, silver and gold. Please do all three, starting with bronze.
How to access the activities set:
- Go to: http://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
- Log in using your child’s Bug Club login details
- When you’re on Bug Club, click on ‘My Stuff’.
- Click on ‘Abacus’ and you will see the maths games which have been allocated for your child to play.