Welcome to Year 6
Welcome to the Year 6 webpage!
In Class 13 our teacher is Miss Joyce and our Learning Support Assistant is Miss Troy.
In Class 14 our teacher is Mr Norman and our Learning Support Assistant is Miss Rodgers.
- The school gates open at 8.45 and the register is taken at 8:55. Anyone arriving after this time will be marked as late. School finishes at 3.30pm. In order to keep everyone safe, please stand back from the doors at drop off and pick up times. This will ensure all children have space to enter and exit the building safely.
- If you wish for you child to walk to school and home from school alone, please speak to your child’s class teacher.
- All children will require a water bottle. Please ensure this contains water only. Children will be able to refill their bottles in class.
- Class 13 have PE on a Monday.
- Class 14 have PE on a Thursday.
- Please ensure your child’s full P.E. kit is in school for those days. PE kits will be sent home at the end of each half term.
- Year 6 have swimming every Wednesday of the Autumn Term.
What do we learn about in Year 6?
Click the link below to see what we will be learning about in each subject, each half-term, during our time in Year 6!
It is very important that your child keeps up their reading at home. Children will still be expected to read at least four times a week – children can either read their home reading book which will be provided by your child’s teachers or they can read on Reading Plus:
Whilst only some children are currently accessing Reading Plus in school, ALL children have a log in, so can use it at home, or during their silent reading time in class.
Children can access stories online, which helps develop their fluency, speed, understanding and vocabulary.
Your child can log in to Reading Plus here: https://student.readingplus.com/seereader/api/sec/login
Your child can practise their times tables on TT Rockstars. All children have been provided with their TT Rockstars login please contact your child’s class teacher.
Your child can log in to TT Rockstars here: https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student
Active Learn – Abacus
Your child can also access interactive maths games, which have been allocated by myself, on Active Learn. The games are relevant to what we’ve been learning in school. There’s three levels to each game: bronze, silver and gold. Please do all three, starting with bronze.
How to access the activities set:
- Go to: http://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
- Log in using your child’s Bug Club login details
- When you’re on Bug Club, click on ‘My Stuff’.
- Click on ‘Abacus’ and you will see the maths games which have been allocated for your child to play.
Secondary School Transition Information:
Holy Family (Crosby):
St John Bosco:
Archbishop Beck: https://www.archbishopbeck.com/transition-pastoralwelcome.php
Hawthorn’s (Bootle): https://www.kingshawthornes.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/PGA-Yr-6-doc-V2-Final.pdf
North Liverpool Academy: https://northliverpoolacademy.co.uk/