Reception Admissions:

Apply for Reception and Secondary Year 7 – Liverpool City Council

In-year Admissions

An in-year transfer is when a child moves from one school to another during the academic year because:

  • you move house, either within or into Liverpool.
  • you want your child to change schools for other reasons.

In year admissions to the school are to be made directly to the school.  If you are interested in your child coming to Northcote, please print off and complete the document below, and then scan it back to Mrs S Scott on:

Admission to our nursery

Please contact to complete an application form and join the Nursery waiting list. Places are allocated in September and then any remaining places are allocated after children turn three throughout the year.

Admissions Form

If you are having difficulties completing this form, please email Mrs S Scott for a copy of the form in a different format.

If we have no places in the year you require we will keep you details on our waiting list for 2 school terms and will contact you if places become available. Equally, if you no longer require your place then please let us know so that we can update our waiting list.

New to the city or transferring from another local authority school

If you are moving to Liverpool or you want to move your child to a Liverpool school from another local authority, apply online using the link below.

You should also follow this process if you have elected to home educate but you now want your child to attend a Liverpool school.

Nursery 30-Hour Provision Eligibility:

• Both parents are working (or the sole parent is working in a lone parent family).
• Either or both parents’ income does not exceed 100k.
• The parent earns or expect to earn the equivalent to 16 hours at National Minimum or Living Wage over the coming three months. This equates to £115 a week (or c. £6,000 a year) for each parent over 25 years old or £111.20 a week (or c. £5,700 a year) for each parent between 21 and 24 years old.
• This applies whether the parent is in paid employment, self-employed or on zero hour’s contract.
• The parent (and their partner where applicable) should be seeking the free childcare to enable them to work.
• Where one or both parents are on maternity, paternity, shared parental or adoption leave, or if they are on statutory sick leave.
• Where one parent meets the income criteria and the other is unable to work because they are disabled, have caring responsibilities or have been assessed as having limited capability to work.
• Where a parent is in a ‘start-up period’ (i.e. they are newly self-employed) they do not need to demonstrate that they meet the income criteria for 12 months.
• If a non-EEA national, the parent must have recourse to public funds. Who will not qualify? A parent will not meet the criteria when:
• Either or both parent has an income of more than £100,000
• Either parent is a non-EEA national and subject to immigration control (and has no recourse to public funds)
• You cannot claim the 30 hours in addition to a full time reception place in a maintained school or academy. Funding periods: You can start claiming the additional hours the term following the date on which you receive your eligibility code. You should apply for the extended entitlement the term before you wish to claim a place. Example 1: Child is two years old, but will be three before next term The parent’s code was issued on 7th February and the child’s birthday is on 11th March. The child can claim their place from 1st April.
• Children born in the period 1st January to 31st March: the start of term beginning on or following 1st April after the child’s third birthday;
• Children born in the period 1st April to 31st August: the start of term beginning on or following 1st September after the child’s third birthday;
• Children born in the period 1st September to 31st December: the start of term beginning on or following 1st January after the child’s third birthday.
• The Grace Period: If you drop out of eligibility you will have a ‘grace period’ where you will continue to receive funding. If you cease to meet the eligibility criteria and the “grace period” has expired then you can continue to take up the universal entitlement of 15 free hours. If you have been taking up the extended entitlement at more than one provider, you can continue to access funded 15 hours at the provider of your choice.
• Flexibility: You can access the free place in patterns of hours that “stretch” your child’s entitlement by taking fewer hours a week over more weeks of the year (38-52 weeks of the year) outside maintained school term times and at weekends if you require. You can take your free entitlement between 6am and 8pm and it can be delivered over two sites. The maximum length of time the entitlement can be taken is up to 10 hours per day

Follow the Link below to register.