Our school is a healthy school and all meals are prepared fresh on site by Mr Frankland, our Chef, and his catering team. Our fully inclusive catering provision is supported by RPJ3 Consultancy who have over 25 years experience in providing tasty and nutritious meals. Children have a choice of a hot main course, jacket potatoes or deli sandwich/roll/wrap with a choice of filling and salad bar. There is a vegetarian option available every day and a selection of cake, fruit and desserts.
If your child has any food allergies or intolerances these can be catered for, please make sure you let your child’s class teacher know.
School dinners for Junior children cost £1.80 a day or £9 per week. Payment should be made via Parentpay at the start of each week as Northcote School runs a cashless system.
Infant children are entitled to a free hot dinner under the Government’s Universal Free School Meals programme.
Free School Meals
If a parent/guardian lives in Liverpool and receives any of the following they can claim free school meals. This is also applicable to nursery-aged children if they attend before and after lunch sessions at a local authority nursery school or nursery class and students aged 16 -18 and studying at a sixth form college or college of further education.
- Income Support.
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance.
- Income related Employment Support Allowance.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit.
- Child Tax Credit – as long as you have a yearly household income of less than £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) and do not get Working Tax Credit.
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
- Universal Credit.If a student is over 18 and still attends school, they can claim free school meals if they receive any of the first three allowances listed above