Welcome to Class 5
Welcome to the Class 5 webpage! The class teacher is Ms Turner, with Learning Support Assistant Mrs Birch.
We will provide extra learning, activities and photograph of children’s achievements on Seesaw.
Please login to the app and complete the work on there when possible.
If you have any questions please email me email@example.com
- PE is on Thursdays. Please ensure your child’s PE kit has their name in it and that it is in school as soon as possible. PE kits will be sent home at the end of each half term.
- Our start time is 8:45am and our finish time is 3:20pm.
- Spelling tests will be on Friday. Spelling lists will be given to children each half term. They will also be available on Seesaw.
- Times tables tests will be on Thursdays. Children are expected to know the 10, 2 and 5 times tables by the end of Year 2. Websites to support your child are included on Seesaw.
- All children will require a water bottle. Please ensure this contains water only. Children will be able to refill their bottles in class.
Class 5 Home Learning
Reading books will be sent home every Thursday and must be returned every Monday. Your child be given a familiar reading book in order to practise the different phonic sounds or a reading book of the colour band they are currently reading at. Please read this book several times before returning on Monday. Please record this in the reading diary we have provided.
Links to Maths games and activities will be provided on Seesaw.
Year 2 long-term plan:
Have a look to see what we will be learning about in each subject, each half-term, during our time in Year 2!
Our Infant children are happy to share their Christmas Performance. Please follow this link to watch the performance: https://youtu.be/nVrjyHDy-b0
Merry Christmas everyone.