I trust that you are safe and well and that you have had an enjoyable, peaceful Christmas break. As you are aware, we will be moving to home learning. Children will be set work on SeeSaw each day according to our normal class timetable. Children will complete the work on the app and I will be able to provide feedback. Please note that children who are not accessing their work will be contacted via telephone to encourage learning and monitor wellbeing. Please do let me know if you have any problems accessing the website, SeeSaw, TT rockstars or bug club.
Here is the timetable for this week; the slots are the same as in school so as to keep children in a routine as best we can, though I do appreciate that this is difficult whilst at home.
As always, I appreciate your ongoing support during these unprecedented times. Do not hesitate to contact myself or Mrs Newall should you require any further support or advice with your child’s home learning.
Miss Toby 🙂
This week’s spellings
Look, cover, write and check.
Ask someone to test you on this week’s spellings.
Learn your 4 x tables
1 x 4 = 4
2 x 4 = 8
3 x 4 = 12
4 x 4 = 16
5 x 4 = 20
6 x 4 = 24
7 x 4 = 28
8 x 4 = 32
9 x 4 = 36
10 x 4 = 40
11 x 4 = 44
12 x 4 = 48
Welcome to Class 9!
Teacher: Miss Toby (firstname.lastname@example.org)
LSA: Mrs Newall (email@example.com)
- We have P.E on Tuesday (hall) and Wednesday (outside, weather depending) every week. Please ensure your child’s full P.E. kit is in school for those days. P.E kits will be sent home at the end of each half term.
- In order to keep everyone safe, please stand behind the marked area at drop off and pick up times. This will ensure all children and staff have space to enter and exit their marked area safely. Remember to wear a face covering if you are able to.
- All children will require a water bottle. Please ensure this contains water only. Children will be able to refill their bottles in class.
NO SPELLING FOCUS AS IT IS TEST WEEK.
A LOT OF CHILDREN ARE NOT ANSWERING THE COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS FOR EACH OF THE BOOKS THEY ARE READING. TO DO THIS, YOU NEED TO LOOK FOR THE LITTLE BUG PICTURE ON THE PAGES OF YOUR BOOKS AND CLICK ON THEM. EVERY TIME YOU CLICK ON A BUG, A QUESTION COMES UP FOR YOU TO ANSWER.
All children have now been allocated a login for Bug Club. Bug Club gives your child access to at home reading books at their specific reading level. Children can access the reading books online and progress through the reading levels with your support at home.
If you have any questions about Bug Club or need your child’s login information, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your child can login to to Bug Club here: http://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
- Go to ‘Settings’ and select ‘Safari’
- Switch off ‘Prevent Cross-site tracking’
Maths – Times tables:
Your child can practise their times tables on TT Rockstars. All children have been provided with their TT Rockstars login – if you need your child’s login, please email me.
Your child can log in to TT Rockstars here: https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student
Times tables focus w/c 30th November = 12x tables
1 x 12 = 12
2 x 12 = 24
3 x 12 = 36
4 x 12 = 48
5 x 12 = 60
6 x 12 = 72
7 x 12 = 84
8 x 12 = 96
9 x 12 = 108
10 x 12 = 120
11 x 12 = 132
12 x 12 = 144
Active Learn – Abacus
Your child can also access interactive maths games, which have been allocated by myself, on Active Learn. The games are relevant to what we’ve been learning in school. There’s three levels to each game: bronze, silver and gold. Please do all three, starting with bronze.
How to access the activities set:
- Go to: http://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
- Log in using your child’s Bug Club login details
- When you’re on Bug Club, click on ‘My Stuff’.
- Click on ‘Abacus’ and you will see the maths games which have been allocated for your child to play.