WELCOME TO YEAR 1 – CLASS 3!
Meet the team:
Class teacher: Mrs Ashton
Learning Support Assistant: Mrs Clarke
HOME LEARNING FUN!
Calling all parents and children – please follow the links below to find lots of websites and learning activities you can do together at home!
Try these new activities from Grammarsaurus
- Here are some classic children’s books, free to read or listen to.
- Move and Learn at Home!
- Phonics resources used in school on a daily basis. NOW FREE!!
- Phonics games used regularly in class
- Website is free, just register!
- CBeebies have a range of educational children’s shows e.g. Alphablocks, Numberblocks and Go Jetters
Class 3 have all been given their Reading Eggs login details to play take part in reading challenges at home! If you’re struggling to login with your child, please come and see Mrs Ashton.
Maths Homework Grid
Practise your number facts, play a maths game and choose one other thing to work on each day. The video links are there to help you understand the activities.
Here are some websites your child can use to help with learning their times tables!
- A range of Maths and English learning
Home learning packs
ONLINE MUSIC RESOURCES
We expect children to read at least 4 times a week. Please could you sign your child’s reading diary each time they read with you at home. The children are rewarded in our weekly celebration assemblies for consistent home reading throughout each half term. It would be lovely to see lots of our class receiving a certificate each half term!
Homework is given out on a Monday and expected to be returned by Friday. Children can return their homework as soon as it is complete.
Weekly spellings and times tables test take place each Friday.
Our PE lessons are every Tuesday afternoon. Children need their full kit in school every week: white T-shirt, blue/black shorts & black pumps. Children are unable to wear trainers when we have PE in the school hall, only pumps or bare foot. If your child takes part in an after school club that require a PE kit please can you ensure their kit is returned the next day & available for PE lessons.
After school clubs that we offer in Year 1 are; Mindfulness, Lego therapy and additional phonics support
Look here to see an overview of what your child will be learning this year. Please see curriculum pages for a more detailed look into the Northcote Curriculum.
Meet our Reading Champion!
It is my responsibility to…
- Read a selection of fiction and non-fiction books at home and in school
- Share recommendations of books with my teachers and peers
- Attend regular ‘Reading Champion’ meetings
- Take part in reading-based tasks to promote reading across the school