Welcome to Class 3
Welcome to the Class 3 webpage! The class teacher is Mrs Pitfield, with Learning Support Assistant Mrs Davies.
A lot of the learning that takes places and celebrations of children’s achievements will be shared via photographs, links and information on the learning platform SeeSaw. Your child’s weekly spellings will be on SeeSaw.
Please use this to share with us any work they are completing at home. We love to see it!
If you have any questions please email me firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our start time is 8:55am but the doors open at 8:45am and our finish time is 3:20pm.
- All children require a water bottle. Please ensure this contains water only. Children will be able to refill their bottles in class.
- Reading books go home on a Thursday night. Please read with your child at least 3 times. Your child should be familiar with the sounds in the book and be able to read it fluently. If not, please talk to Mrs Pitfield or Mrs Davies. Please return the books on a Monday morning. We read the books in groups throughout the week so if we don’t get them back it may mean we don’t have enough books to read with groups that week.
- Spelling books go home on a Monday with new spellings in & returned on a Friday. Please practise the spellings with your child(ren) at least 3 times to help them with their spelling quiz on a Friday.
- PE is on Tuesdays. Please ensure your child’s PE kit has their name in ALL items. PE kits will be sent home at the end of each half term.
In order to keep everyone safe, please stand back from the classroom doors at drop off and pick up times. This will ensure all children have space to enter and exit the class safely and apply hand gel. Please wear a face covering if you are able to.
Year 1 long-term plan:
Have a look to see what we will be learning about in each subject, each half-term, during our time in Year 1!
Our Infant children are happy to share their Christmas Performance. Please follow this link to watch the performance: https://youtu.be/nVrjyHDy-b0
Merry Christmas everyone.