Welcome to Class 2
Meet the team…
Miss Hartley- Class 1 Teacher
Mrs Akyurek- Class 2 Teacher
Miss Turner- Interventions Teacher
Mrs Birch- LSA
Miss Wright- LSA
Welcome to Reception! Here the children have a fantastic time learning through play and first hand experiences. It is our intent to ensure that all children have access to a rich, engaging and challenging curriculum within our classroom, both inside and outside. In July 2018 we were assessed by the local authority and achieved the Early Years Quality Mark in recognition of the high quality teaching and learning that happens every day in our EYFS.
- It is important that your child attends school every day on time.
- PE day is Friday and kits have been provided by school. Please ensure your child has pumps with their name clearly labelled. Kits will be washed in school so there is no need to take them home.
- We ask for a contribution of 50p per week for snack money. If you would prefer to pay half-termly this will be £3.
- Children will be offered milk and fresh fruit everyday.
- Please ensure your child bring their bookbag in with them every day with their reading record signed. We are lucky to have lots of new books this year and ask that you take good care of them. In the instance of a book being damaged or missing there will be a charge of £2.50.
- Homework tasks will be given out every Friday for you and your child to complete over the weekend.
Please check your child’s bookbag everyday for letters and other important information. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to speak to a member of staff.
The portal is now open on www.Liverpool.gov.uk/schools-and-learning/school-admissions for applications for Reception class places 2020. We will be having an open day at Northcote for prospective families.
Meet Class 2’s Reading Champion…
We are builders!
We love books!
The playdough area is very popular- follow the link and have a go at making your own.
Maths is all around us!
Small World Adventures
Practising our letter formation
Learning through the outdoors…
We recommend the following websites for your child to use at home to further their learning. A lot of them are fun games that your child will recognise from class.
Phonics play – please use the free resources to encourage your child to learn the different sounds and begin to segment and blend words. The games have different levels (phase 1 – 5). If you are unsure what level your child is at, please feel free to ask a member of the reception team. https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/freeIndex.htm
Top marks – This is a website with lots of interactive maths games free of charge. Please click onto the Early Years section where you can choose a variety of different games. Some of these are compatible with IPads too! https://www.topmarks.co.uk/Search.aspx?Subject=37
Jolly Phonics – We use this song to teach the children the different sounds. Each sound has a song and an action which is a good way for your child to remember the sounds. You can listen to Jolly Phonics phase 1 – 5 on YouTube. Here is a link to Jolly Phonics A-Z: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei0iFs5uF6w
Below is a powerpoint presentation containing information for parents about phonics and home reading: