Welcome to Class 14
Our class teacher is Mr Norman and our learning support assistant is Mrs Newall. All of our work (at home or in school) can be accessed on our online learning platform Seesaw. To log in, go to: https://web.seesaw.me/
- We have P.E on Monday and Thursday. Please ensure your child’s full P.E. kit is in school for those days. PE kits will be sent home at the end of each half term.
- In order to keep everyone safe, please stand behind the marked area at drop off and pick up times. This will ensure all children and staff have space to enter and exit their marked area safely. Remember to wear a face covering if you are able to.
- All children will require a water bottle. Please ensure this contains water only. Children will be able to refill their bottles in class.
- If you wish for you child to walk to school and home from school alone, please speak to me or Mrs Newall.
It is very important that your child keeps up their reading at home. Children will still be expected to read at least four times a week – children can either read their home reading book which will be provided by Mrs Newall or they can read on Reading Plus:
Whilst only some children are currently accessing Reading Plus in school, ALL children have a log in, so can use it at home, or during their silent reading time in class.
Children can access stories online, which helps develop their fluency, speed, understanding and vocabulary. Children’s progress can be monitored by myself, therefore, it’s a great way for me to see how your child is progressing.
Your child can log in to Reading Plus here: https://student.readingplus.com/seereader/api/sec/login
Liverpool Year of Reading- My First Library Card
Follow this link to find out how to get a specially designed library card to use in Liverpool libraries that have reopened as well as some digital reading material!
Please make sure that you keep up your maths by using one of our online resources:
Your child can practise their times tables on TT Rockstars. All children have been provided with their TT Rockstars login – if you need your child’s login, please let me know.
Your child can log in to TT Rockstars here: https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student
Active Learn – Abacus
Your child can also access interactive maths games, which have been allocated by myself, on Active Learn. The games are relevant to what we’ve been learning in school. There’s three levels to each game: bronze, silver and gold. Please do all three, starting with bronze.
How to access the activities set:
- Go to: http://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
- Log in using your child’s Bug Club login details
- When you’re on Bug Club, click on ‘My Stuff’.
- Click on ‘Abacus’ and you will see the maths games which have been allocated for your child to play.
Year 6 long-term plan:
Have a look to see what we will be learning about in each subject, each half-term, during our time in Year 6!
Secondary School Transition Information:
Holy Family (Crosby):
St John Bosco:
Archbishop Beck: https://www.archbishopbeck.com/transition-pastoralwelcome.php
Hawthorn’s (Bootle): https://www.kingshawthornes.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/PGA-Yr-6-doc-V2-Final.pdf
North Liverpool Academy: https://northliverpoolacademy.co.uk/