- Go to ‘Settings’ and select ‘Safari’
- Switch off ‘Prevent Cross-site tracking’
Welcome to Class 13!
My name is Miss Brislen and I am going to be your year 6 teacher this year. We have made a fantastic start to year 6 so far and I am really looking forward to the rest of the year.
- We have P.E on Monday and Wednesday. Please ensure your child’s full P.E. kit is in school for those days. PE kits will be sent home at the end of each half term.
- In order to keep everyone safe, please stand behind the marked area at drop off and pick up times. This will ensure all children and staff have space to enter and exit their marked area safely. Remember to wear a face covering if you are able to.
- All children will require a water bottle. Please ensure this contains water only. Children will be able to refill their bottles in class.
- If you wish for you child to walk to school and home from school alone, please email with permission to email@example.com
Should your child be isolating at home, they will be able to access learning tasks on this page. These will be linked to some of the work we will be doing in class. Please feel free to send in pictures of your child’s home learning as we would love to see what they are getting up to. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is very important that your child keeps up their reading at home. Children will still be expected to read at least four times a week, using one of our online resources:
All children have now been allocated a login for Bug Club. Bug Club gives your child access to at home reading books at their specific reading level. Children can access the reading books online and progress through the reading levels with your support at home. More information can be found in the letter below. If you have any questions about Bug Club or need your child’s login information, please email me at email@example.com
Your child can login to to Bug Club here: http://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
Some children are currently accessing Reading Plus in school. If so, they will be able to log in at home. Children can access stories online, which helps develop their fluency, understanding and vocabulary. Children’s progress can be monitored by myself, therefore, it’s a great way for me to see how your child is progressing.
Your child can log in to Reading Plus here: https://student.readingplus.com/seereader/api/sec/login
Please make sure that you keep up your maths by using one of our online resources:
Your child can practise their times tables on TT Rockstars. All children have been provided with their TT Rockstars login – if you need your child’s login, please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your child can log in to TT Rockstars here: https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student
Active Learn – Abacus
Your child can also access interactive maths games, which have been allocated by myself, on Active Learn. The games are relevant to what we’ve been learning in school. There’s three levels to each game: bronze, silver and gold. Please do all three, starting with bronze.
How to access the activities set:
- Go to: http://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
- Log in using your child’s Bug Club login details
- When you’re on Bug Club, click on ‘My Stuff’.
- Click on ‘Abacus’ and you will see the maths games which have been allocated for your child to play.
This term, our science unit is Living Things and Their Habitats. We’re looking at how living things can be classified. Look at the picture below, which shows lots of different types of animals, and classify them in as many different ways you can, according to their observable characteristics.
This term, our history unit is World War Two. Create a mind-map of what you already know and write down what you would like to find out. If you could ask someone (who was alive during WW11) five questions, what would you ask them? Once you’ve written your questions, can you find out the answers?