Welcome to Class 10!
Teacher: Mrs Monks
LSA: Miss Simpson
We have made a fantastic start to year 4 so far and I am really looking forward to the rest of the year!
- We have P.E on Tuesday and Wednesday. Please ensure your child’s full P.E. kit is in school for those days. P.E kits will be sent home at the end of each half term.
- In order to keep everyone safe, please stand behind the marked area at drop off and pick up times. This will ensure all children and staff have space to enter and exit their marked area safely. Remember to wear a face covering if you are able to.
- All children will require a water bottle. Please ensure this contains water only. Children will be able to refill their bottles in class.
Geography: Mediterranean Homework
In Geography, we are about to start our new topic ‘The Mediterranean’.
We will be learning lots about the Mediterranean Sea and the countries that surround it. For your homework, can you pick a country that has a coast on the Mediterranean and research it?
You should include the following information about your country:
- Bordering countries
- Physical features (such as mountains/rivers)
You can present your homework however you like! When you finish, ask a trusted adult at home to email your work to me and we can share it on our class page.
Spellings: AUTUMN 1, Week 3
Times tables focus w/c 28th September = 3x tables
Should your child be isolating at home, they will be able to access learning tasks on this page. These will be linked to some of the work we will be doing in class. Please feel free to send in pictures of your child’s home learning as we would love to see what they are getting up to. You can email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is very important that your child keeps up their reading at home. Children will still be expected to read at least four times a week, using one of our online resources:
All children have now been allocated a login for Bug Club. Bug Club gives your child access to at home reading books at their specific reading level. Children can access the reading books online and progress through the reading levels with your support at home.
If you have any questions about Bug Club or need your child’s login information, please email me at email@example.com
Your child can login to to Bug Club here: http://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
- Go to ‘Settings’ and select ‘Safari’
- Switch off ‘Prevent Cross-site tracking’
Some children are currently accessing Reading Plus in school. If so, they will be able to log in at home. Children can access stories online, which helps develop their fluency, understanding and vocabulary. Children’s progress can be monitored by myself, therefore, it’s a great way for me to see how your child is progressing.
Your child can log in to Reading Plus here: https://student.readingplus.com/seereader/api/sec/login
Liverpool Year of Reading- My First Library Card
Please click the link below to find out how to register your child for a library card which can be used to access hundreds of books:
Please make sure that you keep up your maths by using one of our online resources:
Your child can practise their times tables on TT Rockstars. All children have been provided with their TT Rockstars login – if you need your child’s login, please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your child can log in to TT Rockstars here: https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student
Active Learn – Abacus
Your child can also access interactive maths games, which have been allocated by myself, on Active Learn. The games are relevant to what we’ve been learning in school. There’s three levels to each game: bronze, silver and gold. Please do all three, starting with bronze.
How to access the activities set:
- Go to: http://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
- Log in using your child’s Bug Club login details
- When you’re on Bug Club, click on ‘My Stuff’.
- Click on ‘Abacus’ and you will see the maths games which have been allocated for your child to play.