Welcome to Class 1
In reception we have a lovely time learning through play and having fun. We have a lovely inside and outside area for children to explore. In July 2018 we were assessed by the local authority and achieved the Early Years Quality Mark in recognition of the high quality teaching and learning that happens every day in our EYFS.
Meet the team…
Class 1 Teacher – Miss Hartley
Intervention Teacher – Miss Turner
LSA – Miss Wright
LSA – Mrs Birch
- It is crucial that your child attends school every day and on time.
- PE day is Friday and kits have been provided by school. Please ensure your child has pumps with their name clearly labelled. Kits will be washed in school so there is no need to take them home.
- We ask for a contribution of 50p per week for snack money. If you would prefer to pay half-termly this will be £3.
- Children will be offered milk and fresh fruit every day.
- Please ensure your child brings their bookbag in with them every day with their reading record signed. We are lucky to have lots of new books and ask that you take good care of them. In the instance of a book being damaged or missing there will be a charge of £2.50.
We look forward to building relationships and forming excellent home-school links to achieve the best possible outcomes for your child. Please check your child’s book bag every day for important information. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to speak to a member of staff.
The Reception Curriculum
Please see the documents below to find out more about our curriculum in Reception and the opportunities we offer to our children. It is our intent to ensure that all children have access to a rich, engaging and challenging curriculum within the Reception classroom, both inside and outside.
Since starting school in September we have had loads of fun exploring and getting to know one another. Please enjoy the photos below to discover what we have been busy doing:
The portal is now open on www.Liverpool.gov.uk/schools-and-learning/school-admissions for applications for Reception class places 2020. We will be having an open day at Northcote for prospective families.
We recommend the following websites for your child to use at home to further their learning. A lot of them are fun games that your child will recognise from class.
Phonics play – please use the free resources to encourage your child to learn the different sounds and begin to segment and blend words. The games have different levels (phase 1 – 5). If you are unsure what level your child is at, please feel free to ask a member of the reception team. https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/freeIndex.htm
Top marks – This is a website with lots of interactive maths games free of charge. Please click onto the Early Years section where you can choose a variety of different games. Some of these are compatible with IPads too! https://www.topmarks.co.uk/Search.aspx?Subject=37
Jolly Phonics – We use this song to teach the children the different sounds. Each sound has a song and an action which is a good way for your child to remember the sounds. You can listen to Jolly Phonics phase 1 – 5 on YouTube. Here is a link to Jolly Phonics A-Z: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei0iFs5uF6w
Below is a powerpoint presentation containing information for parents about phonics and home reading: